On Sunday, we took a day trip to Manila to meet up with some old friends, the Moffits, who we went through the training in NTM with. They have just finished up national language study on a different island and are preparing to move into a tribal location. Their eldest, Daisy, and Mikayla were best friends at one time; and we all (kids & adults) had a wonderful time re-connecting. I thought you may enjoy this pic - especially of Ben. The kid normally only takes great pics, but I have no idea what happened here. Steve said that this is why you don't have someone ugly take the picture for you. :)We also met some new friends for supper. They are a missionary family with a different organization who are working down in Bicol (where we will be moving after language study). They gave a lot of valuable insights, and we are looking forward to spending more time with them in the future.
On the home front, Zach now has his cast off! The break AND the sores have all healed nicely, and only scars remain (and we are hopeful those will fade significanltly in time). Still no change with the "friend" situation with Mikayla, but we continue to trust His purposes. Also - we have a MAJOR water leak UNDER our house. We are trying to figure a way that everyone (owner, plumber, us) is happy with that does NOT include tearing up the marble floors in our living room, dining room, and kitchen... Thanks for keeping us in your prayers!

2 comments:
Ben looks like he's on a roller coaster ride! But he's still a cutie! Thanks for sending the postcard, it's exciting to get mail from the Philippines! Don't forget you are thought of and prayed for often!
I can't believe you guys have been there six months already! I am so proud of you and think of you all often. I love the blog updates- it's one of the first things I check every morning at work! :) And of course the kids are always on my screensaver with the latest cute picture!
Post a Comment