Sunday, May 14, 2006

Typhoon pics

Sorry that I wasn't able to put a title or explanation with this blog - I was working off the power in our UPS (whatever that is) and only had 20 mins. So I got the pics on but nothing else. :)
I think most of you that check our blog also get our updates. If not, email us and we will make sure you get on the list. So you should already know the details about the storm and the tree that fell on our house. No serious damage done; it was just noisy. Not much sleep that night, that is for sure!


This picture up above is amazing to me because the 4 banana trees behind Mikayla have all fallen different directions. That's some wind!

Our neighborhood and our city looked a bit like a warzone after it was all over. Things are getting cleaned up now. We are still without power (I am at a friends' doing some email stuff now) at our house, but at least we have a little water now. The tree on the house is still there. Things like that can take a while to get taken care of here. Meanwhile, all the neighborhood kids are having a grand time on their new jungle gym. Unfortunately, that is right outside the window to our bathroom, and we can't shut the shades or we can't see...

We are making do though and are happy to say that we were able to save our meat. One of our co-workers here ended up with power already, so we put it in their freezer. Thank you all for your prayers and for your encouraging emails. We appreciate it more than you know!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you are safe. We'll be praying for you this week without power & water. Blessings to you! Stacy

Anonymous said...

Glad you all are safe but sorry you have no electricity!! We love you,
Chris and Jason

Kelley C said...

Wow Crazy!!!!!! How did the kids react to all this? I'm glad you guys are safe and sound. I'll pray normal life will resume soon.