The Filipino school schedule is different than the one in the States so the kids just finished Filipino summer break, and they just started at their new school. We transfered them to one where their school day will be a little shorter and where we hope more Tagalog will be spoken so the kids can learn it faster (we didn't realize that speaking Tagalog on school property was "bawal" - not allowed - at their old school; there is an push at some schools here to improve the students' English skills by forbidding Tagalog in school; however our kids already speak English - we want them to learn Tagalog so it was not the best option for us). The kids have only attended a few days so far, but they are enjoying their new teachers and classmates. Please pray with us that they make some friends, learn Tagalog, and are a light in their school. Pray that their 2 weeks of absences for our conference last week and the one next week will not negatively affect their adjustment. If you want to drop them a note, we will be sure to pass it on!


3 comments:
Hey guys,
Wow, Zach and Kalya are looking so grown up . . . how time flies! We miss all of you and can't wait till it is possible for us all to be together again! We love you all so much!
Love from us,
Bethany for us Benezettes
They DO look so grown up- and adorable! Thanks for the photos. Hope Kayla is feeling better now.
Chris
Hi Mikayla and Zach,
This is Ms. Marlene, Ben's teacher from MLC last summer. I just wanted to say hi to both of you and tell you I'll be pr-ing for you as you go to your new school! I hope you make lots of good friends! I hope you'll pr for me next week, too. I'm going to Poland to do VBS for the MK's at their AGM. I'm real excited to see some of the kids who were in my class last year. Maybe some day I'll be able to come to AGM in the Pac Rim...I'd love to see y'all and Ben, too! Have a great day!
Love,
Ms. Marlene
Post a Comment