Monday, October 02, 2006

A Few More Typhoon Pics

I thought you may enjoy a few more pics of the clean-up crew after the typhoon. Yes, I did help some too - when I wasn't taking pictures! :) Since we arrived here, Mikayla and Zach have received lots of instruction on the proper (safe!) use of a bolo - a large knife used for every imaginable purpose. They have gotten quite good with them (like all Filipino children), but (unlike Filipino children) they are still not allowed to use them without close supervision.

Even though all the schools in the area were closed for the typhoon, homeschooling continued (we just came off a 2-week vacation!) despite the lack of electricity. But we did finish up early to clean up the yard. Mikayla's comment: "I like typhoon days!" Something you don't hear everyday in the States...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember how "fun" typhoon days were! Days of school were always great and usually ended up in mud soccer. :-) I can think of a few other days we enjoyed off that kids here don't get... like coup attempts - Although we didn't wish for them. Hope you dry out soon!

Stacy

rl said...

Hagan Clan,
I think you all should have gone to medical school-- you could sure use the experience. Asking for quick healing of all Hagan injuries. love you all
rachel lane