Thursday, March 06, 2008

Fun with Cousins

My sister and her family just left after a 2 week visit (they live in a country here in SE Asia so it is not too far for us to go to visit one another). We had a WONDERFUL time with their family, and it was great to watch the kids connect with their cousins (Gabby age 3 and Eli age 18 months) after 1 year apart.
I love this one of Gabby and Ben tickling one another. The 2nd one looks like blackmail material in about 10 years to me...
Mikayla and Eli
While they were here, we took a trip up to the tribe where my sister and I spent our childhood - also the village where Steve did the church planting training in December. We had a great time reminiscing about old times, and Steve had some great opportunities to talk with the men about how they have been applying what they all discussed in the training - God is really at work up in those mountains! We are so excited to hear the things He is doing in and through the people there.
We spent MANY hours traveling together like this. It was exhausting, but we still had a good time. (Ok, so my photoshop job isn't perfect -I realized it but decided I didn't have any more time to give to it so you will have to live with it! :) )
Ben has one of the best smiles around!
Here is a cute one of Ben and Gabby in front of the church in the village.
It is hard to believe these two are only 3 weeks apart in age! Ben has always been huge, and Gabby is tiny - they are adorable together.
Relaxing by the river
I have been many places around the world, but I still think that little village where I grew up is one of the most beautiful corners of God's creation. Takes your breath away.

I still have a few more pictures of our time together and some great pics of the 5 grandkids together that I will try to post soon - if for no one else, then for Papa and Grandma Jackson! :)

No comments: