Friday, October 24, 2008

Surgery Update

Thank you all for praying for Ben and I this past week as we went up to Manila for his surgery (sorry I wasn't able to update you before now - I didn't have any internet access up there). Ben has had persistent fluid behind his ear drums for more than 6 months, and the last time we confirmed he still had fluid was 2 weeks before we went up for surgery. Our flight ended up SIX hours delayed on our way to Manila so things were pretty crazy when we got there and had to fit all the tests and appointments into a couple hours instead of all day. But we got all the tests done, and I was absolutely shocked when the dr said that the fluid had inexplicably cleared sometime in the last 2 weeks!!! Since there was no fluid, there was no need for surgery after all! Well, we asked for God to make it clear for us whether or not to go ahead with the surgery, and it doesn't get any clearer than that!!! We were so thankful to not have to do it, but it did feel a bit like a wasted trip. Since it is semester school break right now, all the flights this week were full so we couldn't even arrange to come home earlier. So Ben and I were stuck in Manila for the week with no surgery after all. :) We had some great 1-on-1 time and got to visit with some friends we haven't seen in a while so that was nice. We will have to continue to keep an eye on him with the fluid thing since it is possible that it is coming and going, and he may still end up needing tubes eventually, but hopefully this is the end of it. Thanks again for all your prayers and words of encouragement!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you both made it safely back home. And what great news.God is so good that many times we just can`t find the right words. It is so wonderful to see Him work miracles.

Thomas and Lisa said...

Great news...no surgery and special time with Ben. Double blessing!