Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend

It is amazing how much you cherish spending holidays with family when you haven't been able to for 5 years. We had a GREAT weekend with both sides of our family.
On Thanksgiving day, we headed out to New Tribes campus where Steve's parents live to join in the annual "Turkey Bowl". Before the men started the big game, Ben was practicing his football skills. Looks like he may still need some practice. Like with opening his eyes for example.
Steve's brother Dave and his wife came in from Nashville for the weekend. We all had fun reconnecting with them.
I love Ben's smile in this shot.
brothers
Mikayla and Grandpa called Aunt Chris (Steve's sister) since she couldn't make it up from TX this time - we'll see them at Christmas!
Steve had a blast playing in the staff vs. students "Turkey Bowl". He played for the staff team since his parents are staff, and they won! He looks pretty cool in this shot, right? Well, it doesn't tell the whole story of his whining and complaining from sore muscles for the next 3 days! :)
Snuggle time with Uncle Dave & Aunt Steph. Our kids have some pretty cool uncles and aunts - biological and adopted!
23 people crammed into Steve's parents little place for dinner - us & both our parents + Dave's in-laws + my cousin and kids + my Nana + one of the New Tribes students. It was good but crowded to say the least. Special memories though! I didn't get a pic of the whole group, but here is a sampling. :)
Later that night after most people headed home, a massive wrestling match/pillow fight broke out between our kids and Uncle Dave. Pretty intense.
Check out that hair!!!
attack!
Over the weekend, the kids also got to help Grandma Jackson set up her Christmas village. They are at the perfect age for this, and they all had a wonderful time and made some precious memories together.
sprinkling the "snow" for the final touches
the finished masterpiece - at least as much of it as I could fit in my screen!
We are SO thankful to be here with family this Thanksgiving/Christmas, and we will cherish every moment, every memory!

3 comments:

Steph said...

Love the pics from the weekend. We had such a great time with you guys!

The Wallace Family said...

When I saw the picture of your hubby in the air, I thought, "Cool! I wonder if he hurt later?" And then you answered it! HA! Looks like a wonderful time. I am so glad you guys are enjoying your time with your family.

Sarah said...

Somehow I must have missed or overlooked this post...just couldn't not comment after your last sentence and the pic of the kids with your mom made me tear up. I'm so thankful for the memories you're able to be making - and we can soooo relate with it all. Soak it all up and I pray you can enjoy the here and now without thinking or worrying too much about the weeks ahead.