Ok, so this post is more about our kids in the village than the village kids, but hopefully you will forgive me if the title mislead you. :)
Our first 2-week stint up in the mountains went pretty well. It is wonderful to see how God is at work in hearts up there, and we can't wait to see what He will do in the weeks ahead. We have managed to keep up with the rigorous schedule (pls keep praying for Steve as he is teaching just about every day of the week - tiring enough in your own language, more so in a 2nd language). Health-wise we did ok at first, but for the last week, we all fought with a vicious stomach bug and lost. We seem to be recovering now and appreciate all your prayers. We head north into the mountains the day after tomoro - yikes! - after catching up on email and attending a couple important meetings here in Manila.
All the pics I got this time around were of our kids and the beautiful scenery up there. Next time I will try to get some pics of the meetings and interactions with the people.
For Christmas this year, we gave the kids each a large rubber inner tube to ride the rapids. As you can see, they were a big hit.

6 comments:
Great photos. Although I can't read the post because your blog is loading white with the print so very light for some reason.
Jen, these pics are AMAZING! I admire you guys so much for your dedication and hard work, and am so glad you could sneak away for one family picnic during those crazy busy weeks. What a gorgeous place! SO SORRY to hear about that stomach bug...I know that must have been even more difficult without bathrooms and running water. :-( Praying for you during these days in the big city, and then as you head back into the mountains.
Stunning. I've been praying for you guys extra hard since I put up my new calendar.
Just this morning, K asked if we could go back to the Philippines sometime! (completely unprovoked!)
I love your pictures. My kids think your kids have the coolest life! :) You're in my prayers.
You were right - AMAZING place for a picnic!! So glad you had just a few hours of "alone" time. I know you guys needed that!
So glad we had a little unexpected time together this weekend. Don't know about you, but definitely a "God thing" for us. Just wish it could've been longer. Would really like some time to sit down and talk with you guys about some stuff. Maybe soon.
I know you won't be able to read this for a while, but know we are praying for you and are so thankful for your family and your friendship. Praying for no more stomach/virus probs this time around. Love you!
Beautiful pics. Wish we could have joined you on that picnic. I think I would have had fun tubing too!
Post a Comment