Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Precious Babies

Those of you who follow our blog will remember the malnourished twins that we asked you to pray for (see here). Well, we were able to go visit them again this past week, and we were encouraged that their eyes are brighter now, and they don't have as many sores. However, the situation has become even more dire since their mother is not able to nurse them at all, and she no longer has money for even regular milk powder, much less formula. So she has been feeding the babies the fermented "milky" water you can skim off the top of rice when it is boiling. There is absolutely no nutritional value in this at all so it is imperative for their survival that they get baby formula. The problem is that the impoverished single mom lives in a very remote mountain village with no money to get to town or buy said formula. Our hearts break for her because she really is a good mom and is trying so hard to care for her babies, but she just doesn't have the resources.

Will you pray with us for Mari-Tes and sweet little Erma and Edmar?

Pray that we are able to find a way to get more formula to her in the remote village so that she can feed these precious babies. Pray that God would burden the hearts of the people in her village to help them. Pray that God would use this to draw many to Himself.

1 comment:

Kelley C said...

I know this may be not culturally appropriate but I thought I'd throw it out there- are there any other nursing mommas that can help? Kinda wet nurse situation? I know researching in preparation for nursing my twins that pretty much every woman (not all obviously but most) can produce enough milk for two or three babies if the demand is high enough. I hope a solution is figured out soon. I'll be praying often.