10 years ago today, our little family boarded the plane to fly to the Philippines for our first term. We have had the amazing privilege of a front row seat to see all that God has done in the past 10 years.
Crazy how itty bitty the kids were for that trip! When volunteers arrive, complaining about how difficult the trip was, I tell them to try it with a 5, 3 and 1 year old, THEN we'll talk. (Not a very compassionate response, I know.) They look all cute and sweet here, but it really was a tough trip, mostly because Ben cried for most of the loooong flight over the Pacific. When we finally landed in Manila, I told Steve, "I know they say the temptation to quit and head home during your first year is strong, but buckle up, cuz we're not flying ANYWHERE till these kids are bigger." (Not a very spiritual motivation, I know.)
This pic was taken just as we arrived in our new home. I don't know that we have ever been more exhausted than we were at that moment. And there was a plumbing leak that was spraying water everywhere, so Steve spent the first couple hours working on that. Welcome to the Philippines! :)
I went to the blog from those first couple months, and it was fun to read through our first impressions and adventures. Here are just a couple of the pics I posted of the kids during that time.
Things sure do change in 10 years! The kids are now 15, 13, and 11; and it has been amazing to watch God work both IN and THROUGH them in the past 10 years. We are so thankful for the opportunity we have had to serve in the Philippines for the last 10 years, and we can't wait to see what God continues to do with tribals here in the years to come.








No comments:
Post a Comment