At the end of Nov into early Dec, Steve & I traveled first down to Palawan to visit the family we supervise there - had a wonderful time but didn't take any pics this time. We then went straight to Cambodia for some leadership meetings. The time didn't go at all like we had planned because we were supposed to be attending with our supervisors, and the purpose was to discuss the 10 year plan for strategy for engaging all the people groups in our corner of the world. However, our supervisor ended up in the hospital at home the day before the meetings started, and he was in the hospital the whole time, which meant we attended it as the only members of our leadership team, without our supervisor, so that was challenging. But we see where God still worked, and we sent lots of good notes to our supervisor for once he was out of the hospital. :) At the end of the meetings, I (Jen) got really sick and ended up in bed for several days of what was supposed to be our vacation. But once the antibiotics started doing their job, I was able to get out on the last day, and WOW we highly recommend visiting Siem Reap Cambodia if you ever get a chance. Amazing things to see, beautiful little town, great food & cheap prices. We rented a little scooter to get around, and I took SO MANY pics, just sharing a few here.
Also saw lots of monkeys at Ankor Wat, but they were incredibly well-behaved (NOT true of other monkeys, for those of you who have traveled much, you know what I mean!)
The one with all the trees (Ta Prohm) was our favorite.
Highly recommend a visit if you ever get a chance!

No comments:
Post a Comment