Tuesday, October 28, 2025

A Stirred-Up Rainbow

Recently while driving back from Bicol (a drive that seemed interminable this time for some reason!), Steve & I saw this in the sky. After some research, it is apparently called "cloud iridescence" and has to do with thin clouds & moisture content, but Steve said it looked like a stirred-up rainbow. As I was thinking about this post, it's a hodge podge collection of things that are happening, but really they are all like a stirred-up rainbow - God's promises and beautiful work on display, but a random, stirred-up collection of them. Beautiful but also a little overwhelming to see all that He's been up to lately!

Construction has been continuing down on the land, and that has kept Steve very busy as he manages that from afar, makes frequent trips there, and stays on top of the finances of it all. The biggest project going is the team house (2k square ft structure with flat roof), but we have also just recently completed a duplex for our church-planting team on the property, a new BOOST classroom (now a roof without walls, rather than just a tent), a deep well, the raised goat pens are nearing completion, as well as the excavation for the road around the top of the property and the new BOOST dorm. Exciting stuff but busy times!

The Bicol Tribal Church Association has continued their monthly leaders' trainings, and here are some pics from the recent one (around 60 in attendance!)

Another exciting development was the McCoys move to Bicol. Since they achieved their Tagalog requirements, they were approved to make the move down to Bicol. So we loaded up 3 vehicles with big top loads and made the 15 hr drive together as a team. Thankful for no maintenance (or top load) issues. They are now settled into a little airbnb until the team house is finished (hopefully in January?).

This new pic shows the newly-completed BOOST classroom on the right side, and it was taken when we had some visitors come through to see the property. We had 2 sets of visitors, and it is always a blessing to show them all that God is doing here with Tribals Reaching Tribals.

In the midst of all the "stirred-up rainbow", I've continued to push hard with Physical Therapy after my knee surgery in March. On April 28, I was tasked with riding a stationary bike with increasing resistance for 30 mins every day, 7 days a week, as well as doing a specific weights program 2x/wk (at the beginning it was 3x/wk). I successfully completed 6 MONTHS of this regimen, never missing a single day! Only by His grace! We bought a portable bike to bring with us when we traveled and a nice "recumbent" one for home, and then we've hit the gym when we can for weights and substituted this fancy bands system to do weights when we're up in the mountains, far from any gyms. Yesterday, I met with the Dr, and I can cut back to 5x/wk for the next 6 wks, and I am very much looking forward to my very first day off in 6 months. :) Thanks for praying with me to be faithful in this and for continued healing of my knee. While I am thankful to have less pain at night and be sleeping better, I am still having a lot of pain when walking, so appreciate continued prayers.

No comments: