You know how Mikayla seems to always have a baby in her arms when we are in the village? Well, this little darling fell asleep in her arms for about an hour. After we left the village, the parents texted us and asked if Mikayla would give their baby her nickname (everyone has an official name, but most people also have a nickname). Her name is Verlyn Fatima, and Mikayla chose Vera to be her nickname. What a special opportunity for Mikayla!
(In case you wonder what on earth I am doing with my hands like that - I am holding on to the hammock that is hanging in front of me to keep it out of my face.)
This is another little girl, and Sunday was a special day for her family. She was dedicated to the Lord, and her mom was baptiz-d.
Here is her precious family, listening as Steve shares about the responsibility of parents to teach their children the Word of God. I love the look of rapt attention on Raquel's face!
Here is Steve giving a charge to the parents and other relatives/friends...
...and holding sweet Nikki Ruth while he prays for her and her family.
a precious group
After the baby dedication, we headed to a nearby village where there is a little stream. We sang some worship songs together, and Steve shared the meaning and significance of bapt-sm.
Raquel's husband, Alvin, has been a believer for a while, but this was the first time he baptiz-d anyone. Steve told him that it won't be his last. :) Since he had never done it before and is painfully shy, Steve went out there to walk him through it and give him the support he needed.
We were so proud of BOTH of them for stepping out in faith like this!
The pure joy of obedience.
The Agta are typically extremely reserved and don't show any emotion, but looks like a little joy might be leaking out here. :) Was SO cool to see.
What a special day, and we were so privileged to watch God at work in their lives!



7 comments:
WOW! great stuff! can't wait for august!
I was smiling so big as I read this post!! I LOVE IT!
Best part of the day was, as I told Alvin this wouldn't be his last, the smile of nervous excitement that crept across his face. He used to be the shyest of the shy, but he has been slowly surrendering that to God as he takes small steps of obedience. He was planning with one of our coworkers for getting to teach some of his family.
I love your photos. I really love seeing mikayla within all those super sweet babies! Seriously, I want a baby from the Philippines! Did you know we really wanted the philippines when we first started the adoption process 4 years ago?! Maybe we should adopt our third from there!!
Heather Wiens
Love all of the pictures, especially the one with Ben and the dead mouse. Why is it boys love any critter, dead or alive?
Whew this gave me chills! I love it. Love it so much.
Awesome pics and so cool to see all the people whose lives have had such a positive impact from your ministry. I loved seeing Jen in a picture!! :)
Post a Comment