Thursday, December 08, 2005

Name This Puppy!

We need your help! We just got a new puppy, and we still need a name for him. Do you have any good ideas? He is a 2 month old male labrador (sorry, "Princess" won't make the cut).
The winner will receive a prize from the Philippines. We will ship you your choice of native coffee or a native craft.
To enter your suggestion, simply post a comment to this blog or email us at sjmhagen@juno.com.
Deadline for entries is Sunday, December 11. (Sorry for the quick deadline; this poor puppy needs a name though!)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey there hagans...
this is iza here (bethany's long lost friend) i got the link from your blog formhere the other day and thought i would check it out.... i've really enjoyed reading what you have been up too and seeing the kids... wow, they've gotten big! i guess that's what some 3 years does huh. keep enjoying that warm land of mine and everything that God is.

Iza

Anonymous said...

I think Sandy would be a great name-matches the coloring of this beautiful dog!

MOM H.

Anonymous said...

I think "Wang" would be a good choice, in honor of Brett & Kelly who are now expecting (!!!!!!) and will not be adopting. This is an inside joke.
OR Dandee as the "best" grandparents around!! No arguments J/S or J/F!!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Hagens!

I looked at you new dog and just thought "Rufus!" Or, is there some cute Tagalog word for "Big, round tummy?"

I've really enjoyed your blog. So far, life there looks amazing. I am really happy that you are finally there and enjoying things. The kids look fantastic too. (By the way, we celebrated Thanksgiving in the bathroom too, if you know what I mean. UGH!)

That's all for now. Expect our Christmas letter sometime in the future.

Sending love in Christ,
Laura Martin

Anonymous said...

Hi Steve and Jen, It is so good to see your news week by week and how God is blessing you and your little family.
How about Dougal for the dog's name, we called our dog that quite a few years ago but he is now in doggie heaven! The name came from a toy our kids had many years ago in England.
Here's wishing you a Happy Christmas to you all and a blessed New Year.
It's snowing here in NH, 8" on the ground so far and still going strong!

Taylors in Warner.

Anonymous said...

I think "Goldie" would be a good name! Grandma H. had a gold dog named that when she was growing up.

Papa H.

Anonymous said...

There is a Crater Lake out here in Oregon too, but the volcano it came from is no longer active. Dave and I think Gizmo or Sprocket for the dog. Those are fun words to say! My sister also had a dog named Gizmo that was SO sweet. Love, Bethany J.

Anonymous said...

Hey...we just had to pick out names for our puppy too, it's much more difficult than it seems, I know. Dave's suggestion is Doug...but I think Pavlov is better.

Kelley C said...

I may be too late but J & I came up with some on our walk...
Jelley (in honor of us)
Roosevelt
Fido
Max
Lassie
Boy
Dog
Hooper
PBJ
Mizaben

I hope this helps!

Unknown said...

luke.
i like that name for a dog!

Anonymous said...

He looks a lot like a puppy we had. We called him Max and it fit him to a tee. He was pretty round in the middle like yours, so Sid gave him the full name of "Maximum Overload". He grew up to be 125 lbs. We enjoy reading your news. Looks like everything is going well there. Mary S.