Well, Typhoon Mina skirted us and headed north. Thanks 4 ur prayers! Here is an update about the typhoon situation here in Bicol Region written by my friend Joanna 4 her blog. Thankfully she doesn't mind me stealing her work, particularly since typing takes so long right now with my right arm in cast. Anyway, thanks 4 your continued prayers!
Well, here's where we stand at the moment. Typhoon Mina has moved off to the north of us - Praise the Lord!- and basically didn't affect us in any way other than some cool, breezy weather. However, there are some other developments that we are watching. Typhoon Lando, which passed over the Philippines last week, has made a U-turn (due to Typhoon Mina) and is headed back across the Philippines! As it moves back across us, it shouldn't be too much of a threat, unless it joins up with the new system that is to the west of us in the Pacific Ocean. Apparently, this is a possibility.
Anyway, as crazy as this all sounds, we are trying to go about normal life and keeping a watch on the internet sites. I've unpacked enough of the school room to start back to school tomorrow, but I'm thinking I may keep all the library books boxed up for a few more days. Now I've just got to decide whether or not to decorate for Christmas yet. The plan was to do that the day after Thanksgiving, but we spent that day "typhoon-proofing" the house {so did we}!
Needless to say, life here is never boring!! Again, we appreciate all your prayers and would ask that you pray off these storms as well. We've got one more month until typhoon season is over. I think we will all rest a bit easier when January rolls around.
Here's a link to an article about the 3 storms that have us surrounded at the moment:http://www.philstar.com/index.php?Headlines&p=49&type=2&sec=24&aid=20071125119

No comments:
Post a Comment