Sunday, December 30, 2007

Happy New Years!

I think a good way to start out a new year is with a good laugh. Over the last couple years here, I have been accumulating pictures of funny signs that we run across (while we happen to have a camera on us). A few of these were taken by friends, but they were all taken here in our new country or as we traveled around SE Asia. Enjoy... :)
Luca's pizzas are actually excellent - but that is not exactly as I would have chosen to describe them!
A durian is a very smelly fruit found here in SE Asia. Apparently, they are not welcome at the YMCA in Singapore - for which we were all very thankful!
A local "toll bridge". So close...
A Filipino version of Krispy Kreme? No, we only wish...
Ok, this is one of my favorites. They have some face cream here called by this "magical" name - I don't even want to think about if the content is consistent with the name... Doesn't it make you want to run out and buy some to spread all over your face?
Here are some very handy little boxes to grab on your way out of the store.
Um...I don't know what to say. King of what???
This one caught my eye as we drove through town here in Iriga. It's the same kind of banner they use for announcing a birthday party or family reunion that is going on. Huh. Maybe we will skip this little get together.
Let's have lunch!

Here is the label on a bag of chips we bought. Speaking of "Yummy Yes"...
Notice the last line - I didn't realize that costume designers had such great photo copy needs.
If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all... I don't even know how to determine the intelligence level of our vehicle. Is there an IQ test for that?
The long-lost fine art of wood curving...
Ok, hope you got a laugh - or at least a smirk - out of this post, and we hope your new year is a happy one! Keep your eyes on our Heavenly Father, and He will give you joy in the midst of any circumstances. Happy New Years!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You made me laugh! Happy New Years!

Christine Carver

Kelley C said...

Wow. The circumcision one was my favorite. poor kid.

Anonymous said...

2 Funny! Happy New Year!!

The Hirschelmans

Anonymous said...

I saw a product at Wal-Mart the other day in the "Ethnic items" section that said placenta, and I instantly thought of you guys. That's really a terrible word association, but it's nice to have reminders of you none the less. We love you guys!

Steph and Dave