We arrived home yesterday from our wonderful visit with the Allens in Bacolod over Thanksgiving. The kids had a BLAST playing with their friends, and Steve and I had fun catching up with the adults too. Since I am SWAMPED with "catch up" and first-of-the-month reports, I don't have time to post pics from our time, but Joanna did a couple great posts on her blog with pics about our visit at their house, so I am just going to link you to their blog if you want to see some pics of our time there. http://allenupdate.blogspot.com/ Hopefully I will eventually get around to doing a post myself, but things are pretty crazy right now, so I may just have to rely on her posts. :)
We are happy to say that our house was fine when we returned home, but our helper told us an unbelievable story that happened while we were gone. One night last week, she got up in the night to use the bathroom and saw a man sneaking around inside our fence, peeking in the windows. This has happened several times, and we have lost many things to this unwelcome intruder as he slices screens and reaches inside windows or breaks into out buildings in our yard. At least we are assuming it is the same guy, but I guess we don't know this for sure... Anyway, one time, Steve leapt out at him waving a kendo stick and hollering at him to scare him away. He figured the guy wouldn't be back after he FLEW across the yard and across the 6 foot wall like it was merely a stair. Anyway, he (0r someone else) came back. Now, our helper had told Steve when that happened to him that he shouldn't do that - he should just holler from INSIDE or call the police in case the guy was dangerous (I agreed!). However, when she was faced with the same situation, instead of following her own previous advice to Steve, she went and got the GUN that her brother had loaned her (unbeknownst to us!). Then she jumped out and hollered at the guy - and FIRED IN HIS DIRECTION!!! O my word. Thankfully, she didn't hit him, and the guy split in a hurry. The shot woke the dogs (quite the guard dogs, huh?), and they chased the guy as he fled the yard. Chari insists that he really won't be back this time. Hmm. Let's just say that I am not going to leave any valuables within reach of the windows!

4 comments:
Way to go Chari, but don't ever do that again!!!!! Hopefully, this will take care of the night stalker! Sure am glad the dogs are doing as good as job as they were purchased for! :)
Happy Belated Thanksgiving and enjoy the season-in the midst of the hectic schedule!
Love, MOM Hagen
Wow!!!! I'm assuming the gun is no longer in the house??!!Sure hope that was enough to scare him off permanantly!
We really enjoyed your visit. The fellowship was so refreshing for us. We distracted our kids from the "good-bye blues" by getting the tree out and up. Glad you had a distraction also! Don't eat all the candy at once. :)
Whoa! I don't blame your helper for having a gun while staying alone, but WHOA ~ she actually used it! =) I am thankful no one was injured.
Glad you all are back!
Holly
HAHAHA! This cracked me up. You guys stay safe and hope your little thief friend doesn't come back. Glad you had a good time for Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment