Tuesday, May 02, 2006

A Lizard Pooped on Me!!!

We took a trip down to a nearby island by ferry this past weekend to visit some people who work in Bicol but were vacationing at a missionary guest house. We had a wonderfully relaxing time there - we even got to do some reading! Our kids played nicely with their 4 kids (there were 7 kids, ages 2 - 9, running around with relatively few disagreements!), and Steve and I enjoyed sitting on the balcony enjoying the beautiful view and amazing sunsets. We also took 2 trips to the beach and went snorkeling one time. It was a good visit with new friends, and we got to relax besides.
On one such relaxing moment while Steve and I were sitting talking, a felt something hit my arm in the darkness. I looked down, and it looked a little bit suspicious. My suspicions were confirmed when I looked up and saw a butiki on the ceiling above (BOO-ti-kee : a small lizard that eats insects so is welcome inside any home - we have dozens of them who make their home inside ours). A lizard pooped on me! That was a first.
Steve talking to Mariano while some of the kids dig in the sand. He was Romanian, raised by deaf parents so his first language is sign. She was Austrian. They had 2 friends with - one also Austrian, another Filipina deaf. There were so many languages flying around this weekend! It was nice to hear an unfamiliar language though and know that we don't have to learn it.

The gorgeous view from the balcony. Just feel your stress melt away...

The sunsets were an awesome reminder of our Creator.

2 comments:

Kelley C said...

Wow.Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!! Even a little lizard poop couldn't ruin scenery like that! I'm so glad you were able to take some time off from studying to enjoy the beach. Blessings to all of you!