Well, I haven't heard from Steve since last night, so I am assuming that he is up in the village now and out of cell phone range. If everything went smoothly after I last spoke with him (that's a big IF!), it took him 35 hours to travel about 270 miles! At least he is there now (hopefully); please continue to pray that the training goes well and that God would use it mightily in the lives of those attending for His glory. He is scheduled to begin the trek home on the afternoon of December 18.
The kids and I have been doing well so far, just plugging away at school. I had a little extra time this afternoon so decided to post some pics of a trip we took with Steve's parents to some waterfalls in October.
We all divided up into 3 canoes for the trek up the river. This was our 1st time here during rainy season, and it was amazing how elevated the river level was. We were actually only able to go about 1/2 the way up to the main falls because of the water level, but the falls along the way were much prettier than normal so both times of year are nice in their own way.
For the 1st part of the trip, a motorized boat tugged all of us.
Then we reached the mouth of the rapids, and we were reduced to manpower - that of our boatmen. This picture is a little fuzzy since we were in motion, but it shows the guys pulling us up the rapids.
We made some good memories, and it was a great time as a family enjoying the beauty of God's creation.

3 comments:
Its stunning. What a cool place to live!
What an amazing setting. ditto on that last comment.
oops - it's me - Auntie LeAnn who posted that last message without a name. Love you guys.
Post a Comment